Tuesday, May 18, 2010

"Freedom" Original contemporary horse watercolor painting by Colorado Artist Gay'l Yocom

"Freedom"

© Gay'l Yocom 2010
This painting is Not for sale, but I might have others like it:
Email me at gyart@rocketmail.com:  Gay'l


We are getting a wonderful rainstorm tonight.  I love the thunder and lightening and the smell of fresh rain.  A hint of Mother Nature's boundless freedom.   It is even better from the safety of our home.  It reminds me to thank God for our home and many blessings.

 I remember when my oldest son, Thom was little, we lived in Elizabeth, CO and our house was up on a big hill and we used to watch the big storms roll in off the mountains.  We had a full few of the Rocky Mountain ranges west of the Denver area.  It was a great place for the lightening shows and to listen to all the rumbles and strikes.
 I used to make a big deal about it and say, "Wow Thom, look at that, how cool was that one!"  I was trying to make it fun and exciting so he wouldn't be afraid of the thunder.  And it worked!  After he started watching the storms with me and seeing the beauty in them, he wasn't afraid of the thunder.  All my kids love the thunderstorms.   Lets just pray no tornadoes to follow any of them!

  And I know the trees, plants, flower, farmers and ranchers are thanking
God for the rain here in this part of colorful Colorado!

1 comment: