Friday, February 26, 2010

"Boat Buddies" Original watercolor painting of boy and cat in boat by Colorado Artist Gay'l Yocom


"Boat Buddies"
© Gay'l Yocom 2010
Contact me to purchase or through paypal below: Gay'l


Boat Buddies
15 1/4" x 11" (38.8cm x 28.0cm)
watercolor on 140lb Arches
$79 plus $6 shipping and handling in the US
E-mail me for International shipping rates or other inquiries.

It has been awhile.  Busy week!  This is a painting I did from an old photo of a boy and his cat on a lake somewhere.  I don't know anything about where it is or whom it is, but I just love it.  It is a black and white photo, so I had to imagine what it would look like in color.   So, that is my interpretation of the light and colors of the day.  If you look closely, you can see people in the lake on the other side of him swimming.  I love the photo.  It reminds me of going to my grandmother's cottage at Crystal Lake, Michigan in the summers.  Good memories!

No comments: