Wednesday, March 31, 2010

"Best of Friends" Original tree landscape watercolor painting by Colorado Artist Gay'l Yocom


"Best of Friends"
                                                              © Gay'l Yocom 2010
Contact me to purchase or through paypal below: Gay'l


Best of Friends
12" x 9" (30.5cm x 22.9cm)
watercolor on 140lb Arches
$75 plus $5 shipping and handling in the US
E-mail me for International shipping rates or other inquiries.
I painted this one awhile ago and it has been in my private collection.  Now, I am putting it out there.  I love trees!  The bigger the better. And yes, I admit, I hug trees...and I talk to them...a little.  Some of them seem to have personalities.  Like these two oldies.  Imagine the years they have seen and the stories they could tell.  Carry on boys!

Spring has "sprung" more things to do!  Holy goodness I have been busy.  How about you?  One thing I did today was rake the front yard.  Getting all that dead grass up.  It was really nice outside.  Nothing like some good honest hard work to make you feel alive!  I miss that type of labor work.  I actually miss cleaning stalls as a kid growing up.  My very first job was mucking stalls and grooming horses at our neighbors Arabian training and boarding facility.  I would ride my  horse across the open fields to and from work.  Pretty cool I thought!  Not too many people doing that in 1984!  I miss that hard labor.  It is good for the soul.  It is what we humans were meant to do.  Don't get me wrong, I work hard taking care of my family, just not quite like mucking stalls.  Someday...I will have horses again and then I will probably be wondering why I ever missed the mucking.   God Bless!


No comments: